–Einfluss Archiv Pt 5 [December 2014].
Artist: Phelios – You Cannot See the Dragon’s Eyes.
~For this night we honor the art.~
December 21st Winter Solstice 2014(Northern Hemisphere – Yuletide).
Um unsere Matrone des Todes und ihr Vater, Zerstörung inkarniert. Nehmen Sie das Angebot und segne unsere einjährigen Kulturen.
Diese Nacht gehört uns, dunkle Götter der Änderung! Die drei Chaosboten; Fenrir, Jörmungandr, Hel, geboren von Angrboda durch Hveðrungr gezeugt.
Hallen durch die Äonen!
Wecken Sie unsere Kunst, Stahl und Feuer angeheizt mit Leidenschaft an die Räder der Industrie gewidmet Uhrwerk zu realisieren, unsere Realität.
On the darkest night of the year, enjoy a warm spiced Apfelwein.
–October’s Fallen Bruschetta Pizza:
Pureed – Artichoke & Roasted Red/Orange/Yellow Bell peppers. 2 tablespoons of olive oil 2 tablespoons of seasalt & 1 fresh squeezed lemon.
Premade Crust, Black Olives, Marinated Artichoke heads(drained), Red/Orange/Yellow Bellpeppers cut cored & cut into rings. Fresh Mozzarella cheese(I use Belgioso’s Mozzarella Pearls), Grated Romano & Parmesan Cheese and fresh Basil Herb.
1) Strain Sauce mixture to remove any water content into a bowl. Apply a thin layer of sauce to crust with a spatula.
2) Apply all toppings minus the basil herb.
3) Bake at 480 degrees for 20 minutes then add the fresh basil to the toppings finish at 350 degrees for 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
–November’s Fallen Cran/Raspberry Sauce, Spicy roasted Sweet Potatoes & Baked Salmon:
**Be sure to follow in this order I will explain why below.
1) Boil a pot of water 1 quarter of a way and fill with a bag of fresh cranberries – boil then simmer.
2) Add chopped Red Onion and a minced Shallot to the mixture, followed by 3 tablespoons of Red Wine Vinegar.
3) Sprinkle a handful of a ground mixture – Star Anise and Black Peppercorns.
4) Add a jar of Raspberry & Black berry preserves(The pectin as a thickening agent will hold together everything like glue & the Sweet fruit will balance out the sourness and spices.)
5) Add 2 cups of Sweet fruity Red Wine(I used a Pink Moscato.)
6) Add fresh Raspberry & Blackberries(It is important to note this must be added last as any vinegar will bleach the berries and thus destroy the color and sweetness.)
7) Brined Kalamata olives(Adds a salty sour edge to sauce.)
**Stir occasionally, simmer till a thick consistency is reached. The End result is a brilliant deep red/purple sauce with an even mixture of sweet, spicy and sour flavors.
~Serve as a side-dish or sauce for fish & poultry.~
1) Pre-boil(In salt and vinegar mixture) Sweet potatoes or yams till they curl inwards slightly, the middle should be slightly tender yet still firm. Do not over boil the potatoes as these do in fact take longer to pre-boil than white or russet potatoes. Average time 30 minutes.
2) In a tall mixing/salad bowl add potatoes with some olive oil, sea salt and ground Paprika. Approximately 2-3 tablespoons of oil and a hand full of seasoning.
Cover top of bowl with foil or baking sheet, while holding cover in place, briskly shake the content till the edges of the potatoes are smashed and covered with seasoning.
3) Place Sweet Potatoes on greased foil and roast in the oven at 450 degrees for 25 minutes, or till the edges are crisp.
1) Take 2 Salmon steaks or fillets and coat both sides in olive oil sprinkle on a tiny bit of sea salt.
2) Lightly grease a sheet of foil with some olive oil and place the salmon, fold in the edges making a parcel. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 450 degrees.
–Meal: Lime & Fire Grilled Pork-chop + Spiced Apfelwein.
–Apfelwein(Apple Wine, a fizzy German variant of Wassail typically consumed for this season.)
1) In a large pot fill half way with some cold water, add 2-4 cinnamon sticks, 2 tablespoons allspice and a handful of whole cloves. Once a boil is reached fill in the rest of the pot with some cranberry juice and fresh orange slices. Continue to simmer at a lower temperature and cover.(Alternatively you can use omit the cranberry juice entirely in favor of apple cider.)
2) In a tall glass pour in the contents of your warm spicy brew with a ladle about halfway and fill in the rest with a cold hard cider of your choosing(I use angry Orchard.) You can use omit the hard cider entirely in favor of club soda if one desires an non-alcoholic variant.
~The end result should be a fizzy and clear concoction, enjoy!
1) Season porkchop/tenderloin in lime & chile paste overnight or at a minimum of one hour prior to cooking. Grill on a pan with some olive oil on high heat till crisp on all sides.
2) Cut into smaller pieces and serve with a garnish of lime and extra hot salsa,
In conclusion a productive if not incredibly tumultuous year for myself, despite the drama of life and inevitability of existence I am more relieved. A great deal of my backlog was wrapped up before the year ended, while other projects will be pushed into queue for next update. Nonetheless some of my frustration is put to rest, this is important as I’m very eager to unveil some major updates for next year.